Above: group photo of the 2015 ELA Fellows, Faculty, and Staff.
Upcoming ELA Session Questions? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-643-9212
SESSION 1: MARCH 21 - 25, 2016
SESSION 2: JULY 11 - 15, 2016
This year the Executive Leadership Academy will be held twice to offer two seperate sessions. Both the March and July sessions will have a multicultural and global focus. ELA is dedicated to bringing top faculty from all over the world to address higher education issues.
The Executive Leadership Academy (ELA) is designed for individuals from all backgrounds who are interested in preparing themselves for appointments to executive positions such as dean, vice president, provost, president, and chancellor. ELA is a five day intensive and focused training Academy for higher education administrators and faculty from across the country and throughout the world. Two hundred and twenty-six Fellows have graduated from the program since its first class in 2011.
A select faculty team of senior level higher education executives and scholars will provide an interactive curriculum. The theme for ELA is "Leading in a Multicultural and Global Environment."
“LEADING IN A MULTICULTURAL AND GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT”
The Executive Leadership Academy enables executive administrators to lead in a dynamic and increasingly multicultural and multinational environment. Leaders in this new environment must have the knowledge and skills to work with individuals from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds. Professionals must be ready to excel within an environment of fundamental and accelerating transformation due to globalization and economic and technological change. This Academy will prepare current and future leaders to appreciate the multicultural and global dynamics of higher education by promoting key critical thinking skills, leadership, and strategic planning for higher education officials.
WHY THIS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM?
- ELA focuses on teaching 25 key Executive Leadership skills
- Tailored experience for each Fellow in a welcoming environment, taught by renowned faculty and speakers.
- The Center for Studies in Higher Education is respected and prominent in the higher education system.
- An opportunity to network with other higher education officials and Faculty.
- Ultimately, the changing climate of higher education requires administrators to adapt to new processes. We offer participants a guided tour through a complete and comprehensive learning program.
- The final outcome is that participants thrive and advance professionally. Many participants have advanced to Presidential, Chancellor, and Provost positions after participating in ELA.